So you’ve managed to get yourself a pretty sizable mailing list. Now what? Having a huge list is good, but if you don’t know how to speak to your subscribers so they can switch from readers to customers, you’ll get nowhere. This is why I’ve decided to list 5 valuable email marketing tips that will help you make the most out of your email marketing campaigns.
1. Provide value upfront: Before you even attempt to make a sale, you have to offer something of value if you want your subscribers to respect your opinion. If you reward your subscribers with valuable information before you start pitching your products to them, they will trust you more and actually value what you have to say.
2. Build your own list: More and more people are offering list renting services to marketers who wish to advertise their products and services. But renting a list is not as efficient as using your own. Why? Because the success you will have with your email marketing efforts will depend on the relationship you build with your subscribers. So it’s always better to go for a list you’ve build yourself if you want optimal results.
3. Know who you’re talking to: You have to remember that your subscribers are people, not just email addresses. You want each and every one of your subscribers to feel special. You also have to understand what makes them tick and how to talk to them so you can spark their interest.
Depending on who your target audience is, you’ll have to take a personalized approach to how your subject lines and messages will be formulated. Some niches will require that you keep the tone formal and straight to the point, while others will allow you to be more humorous and creative. So you have to make sure that you understand your audience thoroughly if you want to get the best results possible with your email marketing efforts.
4. Be consistent: If you fail to be consistent when you send messages to your list, your subscribers might forget you. Per instance, if you’re giving a 5 day course to all new subscribers to your list, you have to make sure that your subscribers receive their course everyday. If they don’t, it will reflect badly on you and your brand.
5. Focus on building a relationship rather than selling: This is in my opinion one of the most important email marketing tips I could give you. Some people may think that advertising in each and every message they send to their list is the way to go, but if you focus on building trust and a solid relationship with your followers, they are more likely to listen to you once you decide to sell them something.
To be truly successful with these email marketing tips, you have to be ready to put the time and effort necessary to make it work. But once you start gathering a sizable list and follow the advice I’ve just given in this article to the letter, you’ll be able to use the power of email marketing to significantly boost your sales and cut your advertising costs.